Tips on How to Enhance Memory
Posted November 24, 2008on:
1. Eat a balance diet of Nutritious Food contained:
a. High Antioxidant such as: Vitamin A and beta-carotene (Carrots, spinach, cantaloupe, winter squash), Vitamin C (Citrus fruits, broccoli, strawberries, tomatoes), Vitamin E (Nuts, seeds, vegetable oil, wheat germ).
b. High in Poly Unsaturated Fatty Acid DHA such as in fish oil, fish meat, dark green vegetables.
c. High fiber food such as most fresh vegetables & fruits.
d. Supplemental herbs: Rosemary proven to enhanced memory; while Ginkgo Biloba proven to improve blood circulation & increase oxygen intake to the brain (to be taken in moderate amount in daily dosage).
e. Replace Caffeine with dark Chocolate in boosting your morning energy.
f. Avoid Alcohol & Nicotine.
2. Manage stress, take relaxing exercise such as meditation, yoga, enjoy relaxing music, stress therapy with aromatic objects or your religious praying time.
3. Get enough sleep & rest. At least take 8 hours of sleep every day will guarantee an optimal capacity of your brain.
4. Exercise your brain to prevent it from deteriorating. There are many kinds of brain/ memory exercise available that might suit your personal requirements. Get more focused, motivated & interest in things you want to remember. Make necessary association, visualization, imagination & object clusterisation needed
5. Exercise your body. A good cardiovascular exercise will increase blood circulation to your whole body as well as your brain. An exercise will also add a happy hormone (serotonin) & reduce stress hormone (cortisol).
6. Boost your self esteem & confident, picture your self in a positive self image to keep a long lasting healthy mind. Poor memory is often a result of poor self esteem.